The air attack on Afghanistan began at 8:57 p.m. local time on October 7. The following day, Reuters carried an interview with a 16-year-old ice cream vendor from Jalalabad who said he had lost his leg and two fingers in a Cruise missile strike on an airfield near his home:
“There was just a roaring sound, and then I opened my eyes and I was in a hospital,” said Assadullah, who had been taken across the border to Peshawar for medical help. “I lost my leg and two fingers. There were other people hurt. People were running all over the place.” Continue reading WHO WILL COUNT THE DEAD? U.S. MEDIA FAIL TO REPORT CIVILIAN CASUALTIES IN AFGHANISTAN. By Marc W. Herold.